iOS - Recording Barbell and Dumbell Weight
1. Let's say you're woking on your Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets x 60 lbs x 8 reps
That means you have a 60 lb dumbbell in each hand and you're completing 8 repetitions, resting, then repeating the exercise, resting again, then repeating the exercise a final time (for a total of 3 sets).
You are not recording the weight of both dumbbells combined (which would, incorrectly, be 120 lbs).
The same is true of kettlebell exercises that use two kettlebells.
2. Let's say you're working on your Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets x 140lbs x 5 reps
That means you have the barbell (a standard olympic bar weighs 45 lbs which you should include), 2 x 45 lb plates, and 2 x 2.5 lbs plates. Add everything together and you have 140 lbs.
- How come every time I hit the "Log Activities" button, it looks like I'm getting points?
- It seems like my Level and the Quests are too easy for my actual fitness
- How much weight should I enter for my dumbbell/cable/kettlebell exercises?
- What will you do with my Facebook or Twitter accounts if I connect them to Fitocracy?
- View all (13 more)
- What is online coaching? What are the benefits ?
- When do I receive my workouts and diet help?
- I really want to participate in a certain program; can the trainer accommodate me if I don't have access to all the equipment or if I follow a special diet?
- What kind of results can I expect ?
- Where can I find more details about the programs offered ?
- View all (1 more)